Download Photo Booth for Mac Os X 10.6.8

Howdy !

- Bought iPhoto on the Mac App Store a few months ago
- Did a clean install of 10.6.8 today.
- Tried to install newest iPhoto version. --> This failed, because the latest iPhoto needs at to the lowest degree x.7.4

How do I get a working version of iPhoto for x.6.eight ?

No, I don't have a fill-in of my application folder. (Considering the Mac App Shop clearly states, that "apps can be re-downloaded at any fourth dimension without additional costs")
No, I don't have any other Macs with an older iPhoto version.
No, updating to Lion is non an option for me.

Thanks,
Michael

If your Mac shipped with Snow Leopard, iLife should be available on the Applications Install disc that came with the Mac. In-box discs are machine-specific and are grey in colour.

Alternatively, practice you take a friend with a Mac with Lion that you could log into the App Store nether your account, download iPhoto, and copy it over to your Snow Leopard Mac? I assume that would work, since y'all'd be downloading it in your name and transferring it, kind of like how transferring purchases used to work in iTunes.

Hope that helps! Skillful luck!

My Mac Pro shipped with Tiger.

Even if I could become my hands on the new version of iPhoto (v9.three): It would not work with 10.vi.8. The arrangement requirements clearly state that it needs 10.7.4.

The old version (v9.2.3) that worked on Snow Leopard, is non bachelor anymore and the Mac App Shop Support is not able (or willing) to provide me with that item version.

Wow, I'm stumped. Later reviewing Apple's site, it seems y'all are correct. I'k kind of surprised that Apple won't give you the version uniform with your system. Information technology gets really frustrating especially since Apple will release updates cutting off compatibility with older systems (i.e., iWork '09 was initially compatible with PPC and Tiger/Leopard, but only in the pre 9.ane updates). It can become extremely confusing. It doesn't seem fair that yous bought it when it was compatible with Snow Leopard and at present the only reason yous can't admission it is because they decided cut yous off with an update. ix.2.iii was released in March of this year, less than three months ago, and 9.iii was simply last week!

But then again, Apple isn't exactly fond of supporting "legacy" systems.

The just solution I can recall of, which isn't a very good solution, is to get a retail disc of iLife 'eleven and update manually to 9.2.three.

Sorry, wish I could help more. :(

An alternative fashion for you to get iPhoto nine.2.iii is to download the updater. The updater is the full app merely does crave a previous eligible version to exist installed. To get effectually this, use Pacifist to install it.

Note for time to come: e'er keep a backup!

Last edited:

I followed up with the Mac App Store Back up.
They answered again with the same info: "Unfortunately, the version offered in the Mac App Store will require Lion, which you will need to redownload in order to have the apps part properly. Your apps will just work for x.seven.4 or later. Again, the Mac App Store does not offer older versions of the iLife apps." (or any other apps)
They then recommended to contact AppleCare.

I just got off the phone with the german AppleCare Center.
In short, they we're stumped ("Information technology's the starting time time we hear about this"), they apologized and they will transport me an iLife '11 DVD for free. (I besides was non charged for the "support incident".)

(As all of you probably know: The iLife eleven DVD contains Snow Leopard-compatible versions of iPhoto and iMovie, which I can manually update to the latest Snowfall Leopard-compatible version by downloading the updaters from Apple'southward Support department.)

Thank you for all your advice and I hope this info will help all other people who encounter the same trouble.

The lesson I have learned:
"Apps can exist re-downloaded at any times without boosted costs."
Non TRUE. KEEP BACKUPS OF YOUR Application FOLDER !

Yay! I'm glad they were able to assist you! I had a similar trouble when iLife '08 came out and they transport me a DVD for it (or was it a CD back so?).

I approximate what the App Store said wasn't technically wrong - yous can redownload apps, assuming you lot arrangement works with the latest version. That being said, though, making your ain backups ensures you have command over whether or not you have access to the application. Who knows? Apple could only make iPhoto disappear at any time (though that'south unlikely).

dZp, thank you for the Pacifist link. I had never heard of that! That might come in handy some day downward the road.

My Mac Pro shipped with Tiger.

Even if I could get my hands on the new version of iPhoto (v9.iii): It would not work with 10.6.viii. The system requirements clearly state that it needs 10.7.iv.

The former version (v9.2.three) that worked on Snowfall Leopard, is not available anymore and the Mac App Store Back up is non able (or willing) to provide me with that item version.

Clone your hard drive.

Update it to what you want.

Then manus transfer?

Two problems with that link -
The link to that update was already provided above in postal service #8.
Downloading the update is not helpful if the prerequisite of iPhoto ix.i is not already installed.

If the OP (from more than than 3 years agone) has non moved on yet, and did not have a backed up installer for iLife '11, and so the updater does no good at all.

one:The previous link did no good for me, information technology was a bad link.
two:I did non have any iphoto installed and this installed fine.
3:I was non posting for the OP, i was posting for anyone like me who has 10.6.8 and needs ilife.

Suggestion:

Search out and download from an UN-authorized source.

Sometimes 1 must do, what ane must do.

That is all...

Has anyone found a reliable source to download from?

Proffer:

Search out and download from an UN-authorized source.

Sometimes one must do, what one must exercise.

That is all...[/QUOTE

Download Photo Booth for Mac Os X 10.6.8

Posted by: thorntonmistabou1998.blogspot.com